First of all, I'm blog illiterate. This is why the layout is as plain as it gets. I'm up for any suggestions/help that you can give me to make this better and maybe even slightly palatable.
I’ll begin with some background. This blog is called Ray the Sports Jerk because of a good friend of mine from college. It’s an anticlimactic story and I forget most of the details, but here’s my best recollection:
EBay (Neal gave him the nickname immediately upon meeting him due to his name being InBae), is talking to me about who knows what and stops midsentence (because I’m probably making fun of him for his lack of command of the English language – I know I know, the whole glass houses and rocks things, but I couldn’t resist) to say “you know, you’re just a sports jerk!” I’m completely taken aback by this and ask if he really thinks not only a jerk, but I sports joke (assuming this is worse than being labeled a jerk…). He’s confused and goes on to describe me as a jock, without ever saying the word “jock”, making me realize that he meant to say jock instead of jerk. From that point on I have referred to people as “sports jerks” in his honor and I thought it would be an appropriate name for this blog since most – if not all – topics will be sports related.
No comments:
Post a Comment